Would you like to keep your Facebook friends up-to-date with your Instagram posts?
Preparing one post twice to make sure your Facebook friends get to see your Instagram news can get tedious after a while.
Luckily, there is an elegant and easy solution for you.
Once it is set up, every post on Instagram is one click away from appearing on your Facebook page. This is how it is done.
1 | Linking your Instagram and Facebook accounts
First, we will need to link your Instagram account to your Facebook Page. Please note that you have to be an admin of that particular Facebook page in order to allow post sharing.
1. In your Instagram App, go to your profile and tap the THREE VERTICAL DOTS (Android) or the COG (iPhone) in the top right of the screen. This will list the account options.
2. Scroll down, tap LINKED ACCOUNTS and select FACEBOOK.
3. Login to your Facebook account, if you have not already.
4. By default, your Instagram account will link to your personal Facebook Timeline. To link to a Page instead, tap Facebook again and choose a Page that you manage.
Now your two accounts are linked and automatic post sharing is enabled.
2 | Share an Instagram post with Facebook
You can choose the posts you want to share with your Facebook friends.
To share a new Instagram post:
1. Prepare your post in your Instagram app including the image, caption and hashtags.
2. Before you share the post, switch on SHARE TO FACEBOOK. You can find it in your edit screen, below your caption and the location settings.
3. Tap SHARE.
When you go to your Facebook account or page, you should find your recently posted news ready for your friends to read.
To share an Instagram post that is already live:
1. In your profile, tap on that post.
2. Tap the THREE VERTICAL DOTS (Android) or the COG (iPhone) in the top right of the screen.
3. Tap SHARE.
That's it. This particular post will appear in your Facebook account or Page.
Now your friends in both Instagram and Facebook have access to your news and stories.
Have you got experience with sharing posts between different social media accounts? I am curious to hear what you think!